Maggie Kirkman discusses the lives of ordinary women in their seventies, eighties and nineties, challenging the stereotype of the helpless old woman who is nothing more than a burden.
Read the Book
Karma Clarke Image
Celebrating Older Women
1. What motivated you to write the book?
2. Speak to the idea (the wrong idea) of the ageing population in Australia – the notion that an ageing population is assumed to mean decline
3. Outline a few of the main contributors to good mental health in old age
4. Discuss examples of women to serve as illustrations
5. How can we stay young, as we get old?
Image courtesy of interviewee